The world has over 7 billion people in it. That’s a staggering number that only a computer can comprehend. Of that number, approximately 2/3rds live in what’s known as the 10/40 window (10° to 40° above the equator), and in this window lies the most unreached portion of the world. In other words, people who have virtually no access to the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, whether it’s due to being in a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, atheistic, or other resistant culture, or a lack of missionaries who can get into these areas, or language barriers etc. It’s a huge chunk of people who have never even heard the name Jesus Christ. This is the challenge of our International Missions Board, as well as many of the other missions organizations around the world.
My family has IMB friends working in Thailand which is one of the many countries in this window. They, like all of our other missionaries, need prayer.
- For Thankful Thursday, spend time thanking God for His faithful servants in these various countries:
- Also pray for their spiritual and physical protection.
- Thank God for those He is going to save.
- Ask God to make their work fruitful.
- Acts 1:8 “but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
By the way, Acts 1:8 in the Greek has the idea is that we are witnesses for Christ in all these places simultaneously. It’s not a “Reach Jerusalem before moving on to Judea, and Judea before Samaria, and lastly the rest of the earth” scenario. It’s a “Reach them all at once” mandate.
Next, our Southern Baptist Convention is in need of prayer. No human organization is perfect, and no human organization is without its issues. The SBC is a large target and Satan would get no greater pleasure than to destroy it, to eliminate its testimony for Jesus, and defund its missionary support.
- Thank God now for the SBC, its various sub-organizations, and the fact that it brings so many churches into a unity of fellowship around our common doctrinal foundation placed on God’s Word.
- Ask God to infuse the leadership with clear, biblical wisdom and God-honoring decisions.
- Pray that the churches of the SBC seek first the Kingdom of God so that the Gospel will go out in His power, and so that Satan doesn’t gain any ground against them.
- And thank God for using them to train and send out so many men of God for pastoral ministry, and for training and sending out men and women for missions work.
- Thessalonians 1:2-5 We give thanks to God always for all of you, making mention of you in our prayers; constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father, knowing, brethren beloved by God, His choice of you; for our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of men we to be among you for your sake.
Your Hawaii Pacific Baptist Convention is dedicated to supporting its churches, planting churches, and making a difference out here isolated from the mainland. That takes wisdom, tenacity, and a heart for this area and its people.
- Go to https://www.hpbaptist.net/hpbc-staff/and thank God for each person listed here, for the work each does for the furtherance of the Gospel, and for supporting us in many ways.
- Pray for God to do great things through them for the Kingdom in the years to come.