Happy Black Friday!
Well, if you’re like me, you’re sleeping in, relaxing, and in no rush to spend your money. But, if you’re one of those Black Friday shopping types, you got up before the crack of dawn and have been feverishly working hard at figuring out how to max out your credit cards.
To summarize this week:
- We need to be constantly thankful people—towards others, and especially towards God.
- We need to continually feed ourselves with reminders from God’s Word of all the things He’s done for us so that we don’t forget.
- Covetousness is not only a sin, but it zaps us of gratitude and contentment.
- The history of Thanksgiving is as imperfect as humanity is, but you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Instead, we celebrate thanking God even more.
To coalesce the theme together today, we will close out with a focus on the letter F:
- Thank your heavenly Father for all of His love, mercy, grace, and abundant blessings in your life.
- Thank Him for the Faith that He has given you for salvation and perseverance.
- Thank God now for your Family, both physical and spiritual.
- Thank Him for your Friends that He has brought into your life, who stick closer than a brother, who pray, edify, and encourage you.
- Thank Him for your Fellowship at our church, where He is in the midst and where His Word has preeminence.
- Thank God for His Financial provision in your life.
- Thank Him for your Food (i.e. your daily bread).
- Thank God for your Fysical health (I’m taking artistic liberties with my spelling today).
- Thank God for the Freedom to worship in our country.
- Thank God it’s Friday because God tells us in Proverbs 27:1
- Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth.
He didn’t promise you this day, but He gave it to you. Each day is a blessing of grace, so thank Him.